Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Ran A 6K

Hopefully this marks the beginning of a new Turkey Day tradition: instead of stuffing ourselves and laying around on the couch watching football on Thanksgiving, this year we first ran a 6K at the crack of dawn...... and THEN stuffed ourselves and laid around on the couch watching football :)

And I surprised myself, too. I wasn't in the best of shape for this race. My goal was to jog the first mile, and then walk the rest. But I felt pretty good after the first mile, and so I told my husband jogging beside me that I'd try running the first two miles, and then walk. Well, turns out this race only had a mile-marker at the first mile, and then nothing. I kept looking for the second mile-marker, but it was no where to be found. Soon we realized that we were nearing the end of the race, and so I figured I might as well just try to jog the whole thing! And finish, I did - it was the farthest and longest I had ever jogged. Granted, I'm a really slow jogger. Often I looked over at my husband to find him walking fast along side of me..... yes, he can walk fast and still keep up with my jogging when I'm really struggling..... which I was struggling...... But I finished without stopping to walk, and I'm proud of myself. And running that 6K gave me all the justification in the world for eating as much green bean casserole I could handle!

No comments: