So.... I have to come up with 8 interesting things about myself? Yeesh, I'm feeling pretty dull lately, but here goes:
1. I'm starting a new career!! This coming Monday will be my first day as a teacher. I'm so excited!!! And this also explains why I've been feeling so dull as of late - so much work to do!!
2. I am a football FREAK. I LIVE for football season. Don't even try to pry me off the couch and away from the TV on Sundays and Monday nights. My team? DA BEARS!!!
3. I am incredibly opinionated when it comes to the names parents give their children. And I feel I've earned that right because I myself am the victim of having been given an unusual first name. And let me tell you - I'M the one who has to live with it, and I'M the one who has to put up with the constant misspronunciations and spellings. And you know who DOESN'T have to deal with it?? The parents who named me!!! (I still love 'em, though. Sigh.) To all the parents out there - YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO HAS TO LIVE WITH YOUR CHILD'S NAME!!! My biggest naming pet peeve??? When parents give their child a common name, but spell it "differently" (I call it just spelling it just plain "wrong") because they want their child to be unique. Parents, all that does is sentence your child to a life other people assuming (as they very well should be able to) that Jennifer spells her name just like that, and NOT as "Genypher" or something equally dumb. If you wanted a unique name, then make up an original name! Don't mess around with the common ones!!! Your poor child spends probably a good 5 years of their life correcting people. GRRRRR!!! Okay, I feel better now :) Whew!
4. I am also a HUGE tennis fan. No, I don't have a clue how to play, but someday I'd love to take lessons. My favorite surface is the clay court, and so I love watching the French Open. I was also fortunate enough to intern in London for 3 months a few summers ago, and so of COURSE I made sure to visit the hallowed grounds of Wimbledon - truly the church of the tennis!
5. I love extra-dark chocolate. And wine. 'Nuff said.
6. I have to sleep with the ceiling fan on, which is right above our bed. I have to be able to feel the air circulating, and I love the fact that the fan's constant hum blocks out random noise from bumps in the night.
7. I swore up and down in high school after a band trip to Walt Disney World (yeah, I was a band geek) that I NEVER needed to go back to Florida for ANY reason - TOO HOT!!! And now look at me. God really does have a sense of humor. My husband unfortunately is stationed here, and well...... the things we do for love.
8. I'm not a picky eater AT ALL (probably contributes to my love of food and thus my weight problem). I only say no to olives and pickles. Or anything pickled, really. EW!! And yet my favorite salad dressing is oil and vinegar..... go figure.
As for my 8 unsuspecting tag-victims, we'll give these a try:
1. Big Daddy D
And now for the damage as of late (although I'm down from having topped out recently at 208!):